Technical Boot Camp - Feb Half Term 2020
Time & Location
About the Event
Technical Boot Camp – BYOPC (Bring Your Own Personal Computer) For Ages 8 - 20
During this 3-day boot camp, attendees will be building/repairing/upgrading their very own PC. An opportunity and chance to build and customise their own computer, or repair and upgrade one that needs some TLC.
Our course is designed to be predominately hands-on, with 80% practical and 20% theory, this enables the student to get their hands on the equipment straight away, and not years down the line. Once you know the fundamentals of any computer system, we can begin to explore the realms of: maintenance and repairs, fault finding and diagnostics.
During this 3 day course, some of the things they will learn:
- Budgeting and planning for PC building/upgrading
- PC components, functionality and compatibility,
- Understanding and Installing Hardware, Software and Peripherals,
- Diagnostics and Fault Finding,
- Basic Phone, Tablet, Laptop and PC repairs,
- And the ultimate challenge, building their very own PC.
The boot camp is hosted over three days, 19th February to the 21st February, from 9:00am to 4:00pm each day**.
At the end of the course the student will take home
- Certificate of attendance
- Access to resources used during the camp
- Their very own pc*
Ticket can be purchased directly from us ( fill out RSVP Form ) or Click this link - Book Now
* The options for BYOPC, are either from build pc from scratch, upgrading your own or a second hand pc, or repairing your own. Hardware and Software is to be paid for by the parents/guardians in addition to the camp ticket cost. Cost will be discussed with a senior mentor as to what level of build/upgrade/repair is needed and payment must be made before camp starts. Brand new built from scratch PCs range from £300, repairs/upgrades can be a little as £50. Parts/Components are priced at Wholesale Prices.
** Lunch should be brought in with the attendees (or a signed permission form for under 18s, to leave the premises and go to local shops, 5 minutes walks, such as Tesco, Wilko, Greggs, Starbucks etc)